Rat Model for Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (ICP)
Obstetric cholestasis; Cholestasis of pregnancy
- Product No.DSI762Ra01
- Organism SpeciesRattus norvegicus (Rat) Same name, Different species.
- Prototype SpeciesHuman
- SourceICP Induced by estradiol benzoate+ Intrauterine anoxia
- Model Animal StrainsWistar Rats (SPF), healthy, half male and half female, body weight 180g~200g.
- Modeling GroupingRandomly divided into six group: Control group, Model group, Positive drug group and Test drug group(low,medium,high).
- Modeling Period6~8 weeks
- Modeling MethodICP modeling:
SD rats (SPF) without copulatory history, were mated in rut with the rate of male and female at 2:1. The next day at 8 a.m, take a vaginal swab smear, the day that sperm was detected under the microscope serve as day 0.5 of pregnancy. Feed the female rats in a single cage for day 14.5. 8 pregnant SD rats were obtained, weigh at 8 a.m. Subcutaneous injection of estradiol benzoate (2.5mg/kg) in model group and normal saline (1ml) in control group for 5 days.
At 19.5 days of pregnancy, intrauterine IR treatment for 30min. Specific steps is below: pregnant SD rats for 19.5 days were anesthetized with pentobarbital sodium intraperitoneal injection after weighing. Disinfect, cut along middle of hypogastrium, expose bilateral uterine ovarian arteries, nip the arteries for 30min using 4 bulldog clamp respectively to cause intrauterine ischemia and anoxia. During the nip, constantly replace the saline gauze covered on uterus and belly, and maintain local temperature about 37℃ with a roast lamp. Remove the bulldog clamp after 30 min, recover blood supply and suture wounds.
- ApplicationsDisease Model
- UOM Each case
For more details, please contact local distributors!
Sample obtain and statistics of fetal rat survival:
On day 20.5 of pregnancy, take the blood of gravid rats, extract serum, kill the gravid rats, take amniotic fluid, maza and fetal rats. Observe fetal rats survival, weigh and make statistical analysis. Meanwhile, take liver, heart, lung, brain tissue from fetal rats.
Low level of survival rate and body weight in fetal rats ICP model;
High level of TBiL, TCH, ALT, AST and TBA were measured in female rats serum in ICP model;
TBA level increased significantly in amniotic fluid of ICP model.
Paraffin slice preparation of placenta and liver, heart, lung, brain tissue of fetal rats. Observation of pathological changes in tissues by HE stain. Staining results showed that damage to the structure of placenta and liver, heart, lung, brain tissue of fetal rats in ICP model.
Paraffin slice preparation of placenta and liver, heart, lung, brain tissue of fetal rats.
Observation of apoptosis by TUNEL stain in each group. Staining results showed that
Increased apoptosis of placenta and liver, heart, lung, brain tissue of fetal rats in ICP model.
SPSS software is used for statistical analysis, measurement data to mean ± standard deviation (x ±ｓ), using t test and single factor analysis of variance for group comparison, P<0.05 indicates there was a significant difference, P<0.01 indicates there are very significant differences.
- Tissue/Sections Customized Service
- Serums Customized Service
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Experiment Service
- Small Animal In Vivo Imaging Experiment Service
- Small Animal Micro CT Imaging Experiment Service
- Small Animal MRI Imaging Experiment Service
- Small Animal Ultrasound Imaging Experiment Service
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Experiment Service
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Experiment Service
- Learning and Memory Behavioral Experiment Service
- Anxiety and Depression Behavioral Experiment Service
- Drug Addiction Behavioral Experiment Service
- Pain Behavioral Experiment Service
- Neuropsychiatric Disorder Behavioral Experiment Service
- Fatigue Behavioral Experiment Service
- Nitric Oxide (NO)Assay Kit (A012)
- Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (A013-2)
- Total Antioxidant Capacity Assay Kit（A015-2）
- Total Anti-Oxidative Capability (T-AOC)Assay Kit(A015-1)
|Catalog No.||Related products for research use of Rattus norvegicus (Rat) Organism species||Applications (RESEARCH USE ONLY!)|
|DSI762Ra01||Rat Model for Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (ICP)||Disease Model|